|Volunteers at the U18 European Championship 2010, together with the Lithuanian players Jonas Valanciunas and Dovydas Redikas|
The EuroBasket 2011 Local Organizing Committee, together with the Lithuanian Youth Council invites you to become a part of the biggest sports event ever to be held in Lithuania.
Everyone willing to become a EuroBasket 2011 volunteer has to submit a completed form. The form will be available on the website www.eurodesk.lt from January 25 until March 25, 2011. The volunteers will be selected based on a decision from a commission.
While filling in the form each candidate can choose three areas in which his/her personal competence would benefit the organising of the championship. The selected volunteers will be asked to take certain positions by the commission, according to the indicated areas. Some volunteer groups and their members will have to be able to communicate in several foreign languages, have a driver license or have full knowledge of the city they volunteer in. We kindly welcome candidates who speak languages of countries participating in the championship.
From all the candidates that have submitted a full form for the EuroBasket 2011 the commission will select 2000 volunteers in total. All those selected will be informed personally until April 13, 2011, and asked to participate in the first training course on April 29, 2011 in Kaunas, Lithuania.
The final volunteer list for EuroBasket 2011 will be announced after the first training course. Each volunteer will sign a contract, as well as meet the city volunteer coordinator who will be responsible for the volunteer group work in a particular city.
The estimated number of volunteers for the championship is 2000:
- First Round cities (Alytus, Šiauliai, Panevėžys, Klaipėda): ~ 250 volunteers each;
- Second Round city (Vilnius): ~ 350 volunteers;
- Final round city (Kaunas): ~ 450 volunteers.
General criteria to become a volunteer:
- Good Language Skills in English (it will be considered as an advantage if a candidate can speak additional languages);
- Availability throughout the event in the city a candidate wants to volunteer in;
- Interest in basketball, enthusiasm, readiness to take on a challenge and to help;
- Availability for both the first (April 29, 2011) and the second (after final list selection, August, 2011) training courses.
We invite you to find out more about volunteering at EuroBasket 2011 on www.eurobasket2011.com and www.eurodesk.lt. For additional information please contact:
LOC Volunteers manager